|Born|| 25 July 1996 |
Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York City, U.S.
|Father||Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece|
|Occupation||Student, model, socialite|
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark (born 25 July 1996 in New York City) is an American-born fashion model, socialite and member of the Greek Royal Family. She is the eldest child and the only daughter of The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Greece.
She is currently sixth in the line of succession to the former throne of Greece, after her father and brothers.
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark was born on 25 July 1996 at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York City to Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece and his wife Marie-Chantal. Her paternal grandparents are Constantine II of Greece and Anne-Marie of Denmark, who were the last King and Queen of the Hellenes, while her maternal grandfather is duty free entrepreneur Robert Warren Miller.
She was christened in the Greek Orthodox Church by Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople at the Church of Saint George in Fener, Istanbul, Turkey, on 22 December 1996. Her godparents are her paternal aunt Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark, her maternal aunt Pia Getty, her grandfather's second cousin The Prince of Wales, and Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark.
Education and fashion career Edit
Her parents relocated to London in 2004 for their children's education. She studied drama art history, theatre, photography, and graphic design while in boarding school in Switzerland with hopes of pursuing a career in art or fashion. She interned in Dior's couture department, at the age of 17.
In 2016, Maria-Olympia studied photography at Parsons School of Design in New York.
Personal life Edit
She revealed she has dyslexia in an interview with Tatler.
In July 2018, Maria-Olympia posted a picture on her Instagram account where she was extending her middle finger. The post went viral and received criticism. She later removed it.
In May 2019, she became godmother to Prince Welf August of Hanover.
Titles, styles, honors, and armsEdit
Titles and stylesEdit
- 25 July 1996 – present: Her Royal Highness Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark
- Greek Royal Family: Dame 1st Class of the Order of Saints Olga and Sophia
- ↑ Leading world aristocrats in Istanbul. Daily News
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece: 10 facts about the stylish royal. Hello Magazine
- ↑ Princess Maria-Olympia. Royal House of Greece
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Marie-Olympia of Greece Gives Us the Lowdown on Being 21st-Century Royalty. Teen Vogue
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Miller Cousins Are the Ultimate Society Darlings for the Social-Media Age. Vanity Fair
- ↑ This Very Modern Princeess Just Moved to New York City. Town & Country
- ↑ Hola! Fashion Magazine [Spain] (February 2016)
- ↑ Budding style icon Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece will reign as an NYU student this fall. NY Daily News
- ↑ It Girl: Princess Maria-Olympia. W. Condé Nast
- ↑ Princess Diana's Niece Just Walked the Dolce & Gabbana Runway. Town & Country
- ↑ Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece Is Our New Favourite Style Icon. The Huffington Post Canada
- ↑ Prince Harry Not Dating Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece: Royal Source. International Business Times
- ↑ Interview: Princess Olympia of Greece. Tatler
- ↑ H άσεμνη φωτογραφία της Μαρίας-Ολυμπίας - Την κατέβασε από το Instagram (εικόνα). Athene's Voice
- ↑ Princess Olympia of Greece is a royal godmother. Hello Magazine
- ↑ Marie-Chantal Miller, la royal más esperada por su ataque a Letizia. Vanitatis Style