| Princess of Akishino
|Born|| 29 December 1994 (age 25) |
Imperial Household Agency Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
|House||Imperial House of Japan|
Princess Kako (佳子内親王 Kako Naishinnō; born 29 December 1994), is the second daughter of Prince Fumihito and Princess Kiko, and a member of the Japanese Imperial Family. She is the niece of Emperor Naruhito and the second-eldest grandchild of Emperor Emeritus Akihito and Empress Emerita Michiko.
Birth and family Edit
In April 2001, Princess Kako began her schooling at Gakushin Primary School, which she graduated from in 2007. From here, she entered Gakushūin Girls' High School Tokyo in April 2007. She graduated in March 2013.
In April 2013, she attended the entrance ceremony of Gakushuin University and began her life as an undergraduate student. In August 2014, she quit the Department of Education, the Faculty of Letters, Gakushuin University and passed the entrance examination to the International Christian University (ICU), her older sister's alma mater. On 2 April 2015, the Princess attended the entrance ceremony of the university in Tokyo.
In 2017, as part of the ICU's study abroad programme, Princess Kako traveled to the United Kingdom to study at the University of Leeds. She is studying performing arts and psychology as part of the programme. She completed her studies in June 2018.
Princess Kako is a talented figure skater and enjoys sewing. In 2007, she represented Meijijingu Gaien Figure Skating Club and joined the Spring Cup Figure Skating Competition held by the Japanese Skating Federation. Princess Kako ranked top of the Shinjuku division (Female Group B - Primary School Year Six or above).
Royal duties Edit
From 7 August until 21 August 2013, Princess Kako accompanied her parents and sister to Thailand to celebrate the 71st birthday of Queen Sirikit and for conferment of an honorary fellowship from Ubon Ratchathani University, and for joint research on poultry.
In October 2018, Princess Kako of Akishino visited Tottori Prefecture to attend the 5th National Sign Language Performance Championships for Senior High School Students.
Titles, styles and honours Edit
Titles and styles Edit
- 29 December 1994 – 30 April 2019 Her Imperial Highness Princess Kako of Akishino
- 1 May 2019 – present: Her Imperial Highness Princess Kako
- Japan: Grand Cordon of the Order of the Precious Crown
|Ancestors of Princess Kako of Akishino|
- ↑ Their Imperial Highnesses Crown Prince and Crown Princess Akishino and their family. Imperial Household Agency
- ↑ 「充実した3年間を…」佳子さま学習院女子高を卒業. テレビ朝日 | テレ朝news
- ↑ 佳子さま 国際基督教大学を受験へ. NHK
- ↑ Princess Kako's New Campus Life. Imperial Family Japan
- ↑ Princess Kako leaves for England to study at University of Leeds. Japan Today
- ↑ Princess Kako completes her studies in U.K.. Japan Times
- ↑ Transcript of Press Interview by Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino held shortly before the Birthday of HIH Prince Akishino. Imperial Household Agency
- ↑ 2007 Figure Skating Spring Cup Competition Result - Shinjuku division (female Group B: Primary School Year Six or above). Skating Japan
- ↑ List of Overseas Visits by the Emperor, Empress and Imperial Family (1999 – 2008). Imperial Household Agency
- ↑ Tottori Visit of Princess Kako. Imperial Family of Japan
- ↑ Celebration of Princess Kako. Imperial Family of Japan