| Princess of the Netherlands
|Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien|
|Born|| 26 June 2005 (age 14) |
The Hague, Netherlands
|Father||Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands|
HRH Princess Beatrix *
Princess Alexia of the Netherlands (Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien; born 26 June 2005), is the second daughter of Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, his Argentine-born spouse. Princess Alexia is member of the Dutch Royal House and second in second in line of succession to the Dutch throne.
Early life Edit
Princess Alexia was born on 26 June 2005 in the Bronovo Hospital in The Hague as the second daughter of then Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima.
Princess Alexia was baptized on 19 November 2005 in Wassenaar by Reverend D. van der Boon. Her godparents are: Princess Mathilde, Duchess of Brabant; Jonkvrouwe Alexandra Jankovich de Jeszenice; Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau; Juan Zorreguieta and Jonkheer Frans Ferdinand de Beaufort.
The official origins of her given names:
- Alexia is after her father.
- Juliana is after her great-grandmother, the former Queen Juliana of the Netherlands.
- Marcela is after her mother's aunt and godmother, Marcela Cerruti.
- Laurentien is after her aunt Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands.
Princess Alexia attended the public primary school Bloemcampschool in Wassenaar. Since August 2017 she attends the Christelijk Gymnasium Sorghvliet, an independent Protestant school in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Alexia speaks Dutch, English and Spanish.
Skiing accident Edit
In February 2016, while on a skiing holiday with her family in Austria, Princess Alexia broke her right femur (thigh bone). She was transported via helicopter to a local hospital and had surgery to repair the injury. After a few days in the hospital she was released and required the use of crutches while she healed. Updates on Princess Alexia's condition were posted on the official website of the Dutch monarchy. The accident occurred in the same area as the avalanche which resulted in eventually fatal injuries to her paternal uncle and godfather, Prince Friso, in February 2012.
In free time, she likes horse riding, hockey, singing and playing guitar.
Titles and styles Edit
Alexia's full title and style is: Her Royal Highness Princess Alexia of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau.
- ↑ Queen Maxima opens the doors of her new family home
- ↑ Dutch royals pose for summer photos Royal Central
- ↑ Who is Princess Alexia of the Netherlands? Royal Central
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Princess Alexia of the Netherlands Unofficial Royalty
- ↑ Eerste schooldag Prinses Alexia (2009) YouTube
- ↑ Prinses Alexia op naar de middelbare school
- ↑ The children of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima
- ↑ Princess Alexia of the Netherlands recovering from skiing accident HELLO!
- ↑ Queen Máxima of the Netherlands: 'Alexia is a fighter' following ski accident
- ↑ Titels leden Koninklijke Familie. The Royal House