|Prince Sverre Magnus|
| Prince of Norway
|Born|| 3 December 2005 (age 14) |
Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
|Father||Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway|
|Mother||Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby|
*Member of the Norwegian Royal House
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway (born 3 December 2005) is the second child of Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway and his wife Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway. He is third in line to succeed his grandfather King Harald V, after his father and elder sister Princess Ingrid Alexandra. Prince Sverre Magnus is known for dabbing on the royal balcony.
Prince Sverre Magnus was born on 3 December 2005 at The National Hospital the Oslo University Hospital in Oslo, where his sister Princess Ingrid Alexandra had been born a year earlier. At birth he weighed 3.9 kg and measured 52 cm.
Prince Sverre Magnus is the fourth grandchild and only grandson of Harald V of Norway and Queen Sonja of Norway. He has one older half-brother, Marius Borg Høiby, and an older sister, Princess Ingrid Alexandra.
The prince's name was communicated in a council of state by his grandfather King Harald V on 5 December 2005 and that he will be styled and titled as His Highness the Prince Sverre Magnus. His family call him Magnus.
- Main article: Christening of Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
Prince Sverre Magnus was christened on 4 March 2006 by Bishop Ole Christian Kvarme at the chapel inside The Royal Palace in Oslo. He had seven godparents: his paternal grandmother, the Queen of Norway; Queen Máxima of the Netherlands; the Crown Prince of Greece; Princess Rosario of Bulgaria; his maternal uncle Espen Høiby; and his parents' friends, Bjørn Steinsland and Marianne Gjellestad.
Beginning 18 August 2011, Sverre Magnus attended Jansløkka elementary school, a local state schoolattended by his sister and half-brother.
Constitutional status Edit
Sverre Magnus is third in the line of succession to the Norwegian throne following his sister. He is a member of the Royal Family but not of the Royal House, which consists only of his grandparents, parents and sister. As descendants of the British King Edward VII's daughter Maud, members of the Norwegian Royal Family are also in the line of succession to the British throne; Sverre Magnus precedes his sister in the British line due to male-preference cognatic primogeniture for those born before 2011.
Title, style and honorsEdit
Title and style Edit
- 3 December 2005 – present: His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway.
Prince Sverre Magnus does not use the style Royal Highness like his sister, and is not a member of the Royal House of Norway. Furthermore, according to the Norwegian Royal Family website, Prince Sverre Magnus does not use any title other than Prins in Norwegian, whereas the title His Highness is used in English.
- Norway: Recipient of the King Harald V Silver Jubilee Medal
- ↑ This 11-year-old Norwegian Prince has given the dab the royal seal of approval. Independent
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus - Biography. Norwegian Royal Court. His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus was born on 3 December 2005 at Rikshospitalet University Hospital in Oslo. The Prince is third in line of succession to the throne.
- ↑ Her Royal Highness The Princess. Norwegian Royal Court
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Nye bilder av Sverre Magnus. Aftenposten
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Prins Sverre Magnus. Dagbladet
- ↑ Kronprins-barna på private skoler. Aftenposten
- ↑ Order of succession. Norwegian Royal Court
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Royal Family. Norwegian Royal Court.
- ↑ Kongefamilien. Norwegian Royal Court
- ↑ Tildeling av Kong Harald Vs jubileumsmedalje 1991–2016, Norwegian Royal Court