|Prince of Greece and Denmark
|Philippos in June 2013|
|Born||26 April 1986 (age 35) |
Paddington, London, England
|Spouse||Nina Flohr (m. 2020)|
|Father||Constantine II of Greece|
|Mother||Anne-Marie of Denmark|
Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark (born 26 April 1986) is the youngest child of King Constantine II of Greece and Anne-Marie of Denmark. He is currently eight in the line of succession to the defunct Greek throne.
In 2020, he married Nina Flohr.
Early Life[edit | edit source]
The Prince was raised in London and did not visit his homeland until he was seven-years-old in 1993 when his family was allowed in the country for a private yachting trip.
Christening[edit | edit source]
The prince was christened at the Greek Cathedral of St. Sophia, Bayswater, London, England, on 10 July 1986. Among his godparents were his uncle King Juan Carlos of Spain, his first cousin twice removed the Duke of Edinburgh, The Princess of Wales, his aunt Princess Benedikte of Denmark, his first cousin Infanta Elena ofSpain, his cousin Prince Michael of Greece, Kyril, Prince of Preslav, and Countess Mountbatten.
Education[edit | edit source]
As part of his primary education, the prince attended the Hellenic School at London, which was founded by his parents. Philippos went on to study Foreign Service at Georgetown University in Washington, DC; he graduated from Georgetown in 2008 with his bachelors.
It has been reported he speaks English and Greek fluently. It is also highly possible he speaks Danish as his mother was born a Danish princess.
Career[edit | edit source]
He lives in New York City. Since 2014, Philippos has worked as an analyst for Ortelius Capital, "an alternative investment group specializing in hedge funds and private equity." 
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Prince Philippos met Nina Flohr in 2018. That same year, they appeared together in public at the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank. They made other official appearances as a couple, including the wedding of Lord Edward Spencer-Churchill and Kimberly Hammerstroem in 2018 and the wedding of Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoléon and Countess Olympia von und zu Arco-Zinneberg in 2019. In 2020 while vacationing in Ithaca, Greece, Flohr and Prince Philippos became engaged. The engagement was officially announced by the former Greek Royal Family's press office on 1 September 2020. They were married civilly on 12 December 2020 in a private ceremony in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Switzerland, the only guests at the wedding were the couple's fathers. A Greek Orthodox ceremony is scheduled to take place in 2021.
Titles, styles, honors and arms[edit | edit source]
Titles and styles[edit | edit source]
- 26 April 1986 – present: His Royal Highness Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark
- Greek Royal Family : Order Of The Redeemer
- Greek Royal Family : Order Of The Phoenix
- Greek Royal Family : Order Of George 1
- Greek Royal Family: Order Of St. Olga And Sophia
- Greek Royal Family: Order Of St. George And Constantine
References[edit | edit source]
- Who is Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark? Royal Central
- Prince Philip’s good looking cousin finds love with private jet heir in intimate pictures. Express
- Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark is Thirty-Three. Eurohistory
- Prince Philippos of Greece. The Royal Watcher
- There Was a Suprise Royal Wedding Last Weekend. InStyle
- Princess Diana's Godson, Prince Philippos of Greece, Gets Married in Surprise Royal Wedding. E! Online
- [Royals, sheikhs, supermodels and oligarchs - what Eugenie and Jack's wedding guest list in full reveals. Telegraph
- Royal Wedding Alert! Greece's Prince Philippos Is Engaged to Nina Flohr. People
- The Descendant Of Napoléon Bonaparte Held A Lavish Wedding In Paris—These Are The Royal Guests Who Attended. Tatler Singapore
- Another royal wedding! King and Queen announce couple's engagement with sweet photos. HELLO!}}
- Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark Just Married His Fiancée Nina Flohr in a Small Private Ceremony. Town & Country}}
- Prince Philippos marries Zuger billionaire’s daughter Nina Flohr. De24
- Prince Philippos of Greece Marries Aviation Heiress Nina Flohr. The National Herald
- Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark Just Married His Fiancée Nina Flohr in a Small Private Ceremony. yahoo.com
- Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark marries heiress Nina Flohr in very intimate ceremony. Tatler