| Archduke of Austria
|Spouse||Kathleen Walker (m. 2012)|
| Archduchess Maria-Stella |
|Imre Emanuel Simeon Jean Carl Marcus|
|Father||Archduke Carl Christian of Austria|
|Mother||Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria|
|Born|| 8 December 1985 (age 33) |
Chateau de Belœil, belœil, Belgium
Archduke Imre was born on 8 December 1985 in Brussels, Belgium. He was born as the second child and eldest son of Archduke Carl Christian of Austria and Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria. He is the first grandson and second grandchild of Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Princess Joséphine-Charlotte of Belgium. On of his godparents is Archduke Simeon of Austria.
Archduke Imre has four siblings
- Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria (b. 1983)
- Archduke Christoph of Austria (b. 1988)
- Archduke Alexander of Austria (b. 1990)
- Archduchess Gabrielle of Austria (b. 1994)
He grew up in Switzerland and Belgium. After having studied in St. Gallen (Switzerland) and Madrid (Spain), he earned his master's degree in European Studies from the College of Europe, Natolin Campus in Poland.
Marriage and children Edit
Archduke Imre and Kathleen Elizabeth Walker (b. 17 April 1986) met on October 21st, 2010 at the very same church they got married in. That day a Missa Cantata for Blessed Emperor Karl of Austria, the groom's great-grandfather, was held at the church in Washington D.C. A week before the wedding, a shrine at the church was dedicated to the last emperor of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
On 8 September 2012, the couple exchanged vows in a Roman Catholic wedding ceremony, the subsequent Mass of the Faithful, which was conducted in Latin, was celebrated in Tridentine Rite. They were married in the St. Mary Mother of God Church in Washington D.C.'s Chinatown.
The bride was attended by her Maid of Honor, Julie Broering, a close friend, and the bridesmaids were Elizabeth and Maria Walker, the bride's sisters, Archduchess Gabriella, the groom's sister, Alexandra Deptula and Adrienne Alessandro, friends of the bride. Archduke Imre's groomsmen were his two brothers, Archdukes Christoph and Alexander, his first cousin, Prince Felix of Luxembourg, and two friends, Guillaume Heck and Louis-Victor Douville de Franssu. Kathleen's younger siblings, Caroline, Joseph and Andrew, were the flower girl and ring bearers, respectively.
They have three daughters:
- Archduchess Maria-Stella Elizabeth Christiana Yolande Alberta of Austria, born 11 November 2013. She was baptized on 14 December 2013 at the L’eglise Fischbach (Fischbach Church) in Luxembourg.
- Archduchess Magdalena Maria Alexandra Zita Charlotte of Austria, born 24 February 2016. She was baptized in April 2016
- Archduchess Juliana Marie-Christine Wilhelmina Margaret Astrid of Austria, born 14 October 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland. She was baptized on 10 November 2018 at church of Combloux in Haute-Savoie. Her godparents are Archduchess Marie Christine, Countess of Limburg-Stirum, her paternal aunt and Will Conquer, priest for the foreign missions in Paris.